Deign Gallery

Home Forums Support Deign Gallery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sean PSean P
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

There is no public design gallery included with the basic plugin, we build these custom traditionally.

The designs are marked and stored in the data so that if you want to build your own design gallery, or have us do it, the data is there for their preferences.

With the recent version, the plugin emails the user a link to the design profile page where their design is shown, and can be reloaded or added to cart. If their email link is shared, the private setting will also prevent private designs from being seen by anyone but the author logged in.

Our upcoming release is going to have more updates for security around private designs, as well as an index of all designs for search engines to crawl.

UPDATE: The plugin now comes with a public design gallery, pages for saved designs, and public/private controls by the design author that are respected in the gallery.

UPDATE: You can now delete designs with the Design Manager add on, which is free here on our site. Enjoy.

– Sean

Sean PSean P
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

Your request has been completed.

Happy to say that the latest version of the plugin does come now come with a public design gallery, public and private designs, and some more fixes.

The Design Manager also has a new release today that links thru to design profile pages and more.

Once you have the most updated plugin, go to your website with the URL /designs/ to see the public gallery.

Thanks,

– Sean

Tia WTia Williams
    Participant

This is great. I see however some designs in the public design gallery that we would like to remove as they should have been private. Is there a way we can from the backend remove something from the gallery that shouldn’t be there? Besides deleting it completely?

Tia WTia Williams
    Participant

Actually how can i delete something that has been saved in the design gallery?

I have another question. The design gallery designs have an Add to cart button. The problem is if someone clicks add to cart, it adds the design but the design was created for a specific model phone. i.e. for an iphone 6, but they may have an iphone 5. Is there a way to get the correct model applied or to hide the add to cart all together?

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Tia – as of now, you aren’t able to change the design from public to private. However, this is a feature that is in the works and will be released soon. Once released, admin users will have the option to change designs from public/private.

The user can reload their design on the specific product, but for now they’d have to start from scratch to put it on a different product. Reloading a design on a different product is on our feature roadmap and will be developed and released at some point in the future.

Thanks!

adminadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

In response to this email:

Thanks, Is there a way to delete the design since we can’t switch it from public to private?

The only way to delete designs currently is through the database, but you should only do that if you are familiar and we don’t recommend it. Thanks.

UPDATE: You can now view public designs at the URL /designs/, and you can manage and delete designs via the WP admin with our Design Manager add on.

Sean PSean P
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

On a side note, if you want to create a design for reload on another product, you can create a new product in WooCommerce, then set the Design ID of the design you want to load on it in the Advanced options section in the MyStyle Tab, beneath where you enter the mystyle Custom Product ID.

If you do this, that new product will always load that saved design, no matter what product template you set it to load.

When you use a design from a different product, the sizes and aspect ratios will often be different. When the design is loaded on any other product template, the MyStyle app will do it’s best to transpose the design proportionally onto the new product, moving things around so that it fits the new size as best as possible.

The transpose process is not perfect, but works pretty well. It really just depends how different and how far off the product template is from the one used when creating the design. If they’re both wide rectangles, for example, it will work great. If one is a tall rectangle, and the other is a wide rectangle, for example, it will have a harder time shifting the objects around proportionally, but will still try it’s best to do so.

Tia WTia Williams
    Participant

That is awesome advice. thank you.

Sean PSean P
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

Our latest release of the plugin supports deleting and editing designs.

You can update from your WP admin and test it out. Be careful, though, as the delete feature is permanent so once you delete a design, you cannot undo or un-delete it.

Thanks,

– Sean

Tia WTia Williams
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I have the latest version in my wordpress admin, but don’t see any way to delete a design. The mystyle plugin version i have is Version 1.4.9 and the design manager version is Version 1.0.2. Neither show any update available.

What version should i have to be able to delete a design?

Tia WTia Williams
    Participant

Also a recommendation for a future feature. It would be nice to be able to categorize these or to be able to add some text or css to the design gallery.

Sean PSean P
    Keymaster

Hi Tia,

Yeah unfortunately since our Add-Ons (not the main plugin) are all hosted here in our marketplace and not in the WordPress.org marketplace, the automatic-update link in your plugin list will not show that an update is needed. Only our main plugin will show that it needs to be updated.

To see what plugins you’ve purchased or downloaded from our marketplace and see the version numbers that are current, go to “My Account” here on our site, and look under “Available Downloads” – there you will see every plugin or downloads you’ve gotten through our site, and there will be new versions automatically listed there as the download. You can compare those to the version numbers in your WP admin.

Please note that if a plugin cannot be auto-updated from the wordpress admin, you will need to deactivate the old one, delete it, then upload the new version, and activate it. This will not delete any of your Designs or data, it will only delete the old plugin files to allow you to upload new ones, otherwise wordpress would give you an error message that the files already exist.

For “Delete Designs” functionality, you will need Design Manager 1.1.0 or higher.

Download it here if you’ve already downloaded it before:

https://www.mystyleplatform.com/my-account/

If you haven’t downloaded it before or don’t have access to your account, you can get it from the marketplace here:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Deign Gallery’ is closed to new replies.

Product Personalization and Customization Solutions