Spring Cleaning is in Full Effect!
Yesterday we shipped some major updates with bug fixes for various issues that have been reported in the Customizer as version 4.1.0, and also in the WordPress plugin 3.17.4. The bugfixes, features, and/or updates include:
- Text bug fix for duplicating text objects
- SSL fixes for some non-SSL URL assets
- Template Masking updates
- Preloader updates (faster / more stable startup)
- New Feature: Multi-Side Preview Mode (switch sides while in preview mode)
- Multi-Side Product bug fix
- New Feature: before-after animation for preview mode transition
- Auto Drop Shadow bug fix
- Duplicate Image bug fix
- Background gradient vs Background Image rotations fix
- Email skip fix for logged in users
- Re-Selection of existing objects from menu bug fix
- Auto-saving update (new delay time)
- Various small performance updates
- Author page “my designs” error fix
- Private designs images in public author carts bug fix
- Various CSS Style fixes and updates
- Various small details updated
This is a cumulative update for the Customizer 4.1.0+ that is automatically remotely updated on our platform for all deployments – nothing for you to update there.
However, the MyStyle Custom Product Designer 3.17.4 WP Plugin itself will require an update from your WP Admin > Plugins page to apply that update.
As with any major update, please test your Customizer after updating and report any issues that you find in the support channel for your license and we’ll investigate right away.
We are continuing to push minor updates this week as any reports are made.
In the mean time, enjoy the new speed and updates!
Yesterday we shipped 3.1.2 with an update to fix new WordPress update errors with MyStyle plugin’s initial activation.
WordPress “Sandbox Security” Checks Caused New Bugs
WordPress shipped an update recently that includes a new “Sandbox for Security” feature that essentially runs plugin code, which can include front-end code, in the admin in a new way of pre-checking for errors. But, in fact it causes some errors, too, since front-end run time code can sometimes rely on non-admin page variables, and won’t be able to find them in the admin. This probably effects a lot of plugins who will have to do the same sort of patches we’ve just done.
Fixes Are Live
In any case, we’ve patched up the issues with this new WordPress change and everything should work fine now. Strangely this only seemed to affect some systems and not others, but for whatever reason activating the plugin would cause an error in this pre-check that would gallivant thru the admin notifications like an actual Fatal Error would occur if enabled, when really there was no error once activated at all. In any case, we’ve adapted to the new checks and fixed this issue in our latest release of the MyStyle Custom Product Designer plugin for WordPress / WooCommerce.
Here’s the official release notes:
v3.1.2 of the main WP plugin
* Bug Fix: Fixed a bug with our design profile shortcode and WP 4.9’s new Sandbox for Safety feature.
* Updated the readme.txt to reflect that the plugin is compatible with up to WordPress 4.9.2.
We recently released version 2.0.2 of the MyStyle Custom Product Designer plugin for WordPress / WooCommerce. This update addresses compatibility issues with the WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing plugin by Lucas Stark and saved designs being re-added to cart later with custom options and custom pricing on the product.
Dynamic Pricing and Saved MyStyle Designs Adding to Cart from Saved Design-Profile Page
v2.0.2 of the main MyStyle WP plugin fixes a bug with setting the quantity when buying products from the design profile page.
This should fix the issue for anyone using this plugin that is seeing issues with special pricing rules, attributes, and adding to cart.
Also, adding to cart from the design profile page redirects to the cart and shows a “product added to cart” message.
How to Update
To update just press “update” on your MyStyle plugin in your wordpress plugin list.
Third Party Plugin Updates Warning: We do not recommend updating all plugins. Updating the MyStyle plugin alone should be enough to remedy this issue, and updating all other plugins may lead to unwanted conflicts with other third party plugins. Always update plugins with caution and only after making a backup.